Friday, February 29, 2008

Breathing deep--again

Well.... It's been a while since I posted, I haven't felt the need. But today I'm keenly aware of my need to breathe deep. I'm in the throes of writing a business document as a freelance project. I need the money, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the work. But in spite of the fact that I do yoga and meditation on a daily basis, I am feeling quite overwhelmed. I keep finding I have to remind myself to breathe. I just squeaked through a month of diminished funds--I've been unemployed for over a year now, and my unemployment benefits ran out. I am happy to say I paid my rent though. I'm grateful that I have enough to get by, but this is a learning experience. I wonder what it's like to always have more than enough. Actually, I used to always have more than enough so I shouldn't even say that. I'm not homeless and I have food and shelter and heat.

Right now I'm in the downtown of my town, at a funky little coffee shop that serves the best chai -- much better than the chains like Borders or Starbucks. A whole Mommies club is here with their babies. They must come every week, they're like an established thing. It's strangely not annoying, and kind of fun to listen to, as is the jazz on the radio. I can get some work done here.

I need to start checking in on a more frequent basis, I'd like this blog to sort of come alive.

What I want to talk about:

Unemployment at age 55+
Kundalini Yoga and meditation
What I want to be when I grow up
Missing my parents, even though it was their time to die, I was never going to be ready for it.

At least that's it for now. Later we'll see.

No comments: